Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and planting Paulownia trees, and other plants if necessary
- Assisting with the operation of the Paulownia Tree Farm
- Field equipment operation including use of tractors, sprayers, etc.
- Assisting with transplanting and in-season weed and pest control
- Crop scouting for growth staging as well as weed, insect, and disease identification and control
- Greenhouse Development and Maintenance, as well germination.
- Collection of soil and tissue samples to help diagnosis crop fertility needs
- Working with, caring and maintaining lives stock and other farm animals (cows, donkeys, horses, etc.)
- Various other on-farm duties as assigned
Benefits of this Internship:
- Learn to manage and work on a farm/ranch with experience in both animals and agriculture
- Food and on property Lodging included
- Weekly Stipend/Allowance
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and eligible to work in the United States.
- Preferred candidates are currently pursuing a Degree in Agronomy or Plant and Soil Science, Agricultural Mechanics, Ag Economics, Ag Business, Forestry or other related fields, but it is not required
- Preferred candidates should have previous production agriculture experience whether it be through prior internships or on-farm experience, but not required. At minimum, candidates should have a basic knowledge of machinery operation. Good communication skills are a must. Most importantly, candidates need to have a drive to learn!
- 2,4,6, or 8 week availability
Please fill out the form to Intern at Cally Farms